Awaken: The Path to Purpose, Inner Peace & Healing in Business and Life with Raj Sisodia
Our guest on the podcast today is Raj Sisodia, FEMSA Distinguished University Professor of Conscious Enterprise and Chairman of the Conscious Enterprise Center at Tecnologico de Monterrey in Mexico. He is also Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Conscious Capitalism Inc. Raj has a Ph. D. in Business from Columbia University. His fifteen books include Conscious Capitalism, Everybody Matters, Shakti Leadership, Firms of Endearment, The Healing Organization, and Awaken: The Path to Purpose, Inner Peace & Healing.
Raj has worked with numerous companies, including AT&T, Verizon, LG, BorgWarner, Kraft Foods, Whole Foods Market, Tata, Siemens, Sprint, Volvo, IBM, Walmart and McDonalds. Raj received an honorary doctorate from Johnson & Wales University and has served on the boards of Mastek and The Container Store.
In today’s conversation Raj takes us on a journey to explore the flaws of business, the current business school system, the prevalence of ego-driven leadership, and the urgent need for change in the way that we approach business. Drawing from his extensive research, Raj highlights so much of the data that underpins his work and shares some shocking statistics. He challenges the prevailing mindset that prioritizes power and money above all else and delves into the underlying causes, such as fear-based thinking and unhealed traumas, that contribute to this destructive paradigm.
Although the challenges we face are vast, he shares his optimism that comes from his own deeply personal transformation as he navigated through his own journey of healing and self-discovery. From visits to the Himalayas to encounters with plant-based medicine, Raj’s experiences opened his consciousness and provided profound insights into life and his purpose. Through his groundbreaking work, particularly in the development of conscious capitalism, he embraced a deeply purposeful mission to reinvent the way we do business and educate others about a more humanistic approach.
Join us as we dive into the concept of healing organizations, the power of love and truth, and the collective shift toward a purpose-driven future.
- Raj’s own healing journey and the profound insights about his life and purpose
- How we change the story of business so it becomes utterly human
- What it means to Create and lead a healing organization
- Why he began Conscious Capitalism as a global movement
- The 7 steps that encourage us to face the truth of our lives, healing any wounds and traumas
- How the tide is turning in business and leadership aligned with the Star Wars trilogy and which episode we’re now living through!🤣
“We do not have the luxury of time, in the past there were two roads we could take: We can continue operating this way or we can choose this better way. And today, unless we choose a better way, we don’t have a future. It’s going to lead to the destruction of our ecosystem the destruction of other species on a scale unimaginable. And so, yeah, we have to double down. stakes are incredibly high, and our sense of urgency is even greater.”Raj Sisodia
- BOOK: Awaken: The Path to Purpose, Inner Peace, and Healing (John Wiley & Sons)
- BOOK: The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World (Harper Collins)
- BOOK: The Global Rule of Three: Competing with Conscious Strategy (Palgrave Macmillan)
- BOOK: Conscious Capitalism Field Guide: Tools for Transforming Your Organization (Harvard Business Review Press)
- BOOK: Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family (Portfolio/Penguin)
- BOOK: Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business (Harvard Business Review Press)
- BOOK: Firms of Endearment: How World Class Companies Profit From Passion and Purpose, Second Edition (Pearson)
- BOOK: Shakti Leadership: Embracing Feminine and Masculine Power in Business (Berrett-Koehler)
- Our Sacred Community
- Jayne’s Website
- Jayne Warrilow on Linkedin
Thank you to our sponsor:
A HUGE thank you to the members of our Inner Circle who are our podcast sponsors, and also our extended Sacred Changemakers community who are helping us to make a global impact aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, all visible on our website.
If you would like to support our show:
Please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and other podcast platforms. We would be SO grateful.
Sacred Changemakers is a transformation company that believes in change for good. We partner with changemakers (coaches, consultants, speakers, authors, business owners, leaders, and conscious humans) who want to build a business that resonates with their soul.
Together, we are making a meaningful difference in our world.
If you are a fellow changemaker who would like the support of an incredible community (and make a bigger impact along your path), you can find out more about us here.